The riffmaster pro 4.0 is a software that allows you to slow down or speed up the solos and riffs of any songs. It actually slows down the whole song. It can be a useful tool for guitarists or any other musicians to slow down the solos so that you can listen to the notes clearly. It will help you to figure out the song on your instrument by yourself. So let’s have a look at the software in detail.
Buy Riffmaster Pro 4.0 from here.
DESIGN OF RIFFMASTER PRO:
The riffmaster pro 4.0 has a very neat and clean design and looks good. Everything is set out neatly and it was very easy to find the controls. You can also change the background wallpaper from the settings button located at the the right top of the software.
The riffmaster pro 4.o has very few buttons. Maybe since it is basically a software that is just meant to slow down songs. It was very easy to learn and use the software. The controls and buttons are shown below with their functions.
- Settings: From the settings button, you can change the wallpaper, purchase the license if you are using trial version, specify folder to save the songs exported from the software and finally change the software display to show only the sound graph.
- Help: Under the help button you can find demo videos, FAQ, keyboard shortcuts and email contact.
- Add button: With the add button you can choose songs to add to riffmaster pro 4.0. You need to add the songs to the software before you can use the songs with the software.
- Export button: With this button you can export songs from riffmaster pro 4.0 to a folder on your computer. You have the option to specify the folder. One cool thing with the software is that you can either export the complete track or export only a part of the song. The songs exported are in the speed that you had set in the software before exporting. So you can set the speed that allows you need for practice and then export the song and take the song anywhere you want. So you can practice anywhere. Even from your mobile phone.
- Search bar: The search bar is located at the top right below the help button. It allows you to search for songs that you have added to the playlist of riffmaster pro 4.0
- Sound wave graph: This is the graphical picture that shows you the sound wave and the playback of the song. You can rewind or forward from here. You may also select loops from here.
- Playback and volume control: The playback and volume control are located below the sound wave graph.
- Playlist and equaliser panel: This panel is where you will see your song playlist. This panel has two screens. They are playlist screen and the equaliser screen. You can toggle between them. The riffmaster pro 4.0 has a 10 band equaliser and has 5 presets which are neutral, rock, pop, jazz and electronic. You can also create your own equaliser settings and save them.
- Edit details button: From this button you can edit the information of the songs like song title, album name, guitarist name, genre, etc.
- Delete button: The delete button allows you to delete songs from the playlist.
- Speed panel: The speed panel is where you control the speed of the songs. The slowest setting is -75 and the highest speed is 75. There are three presets which are 0, -10 and -20. The ‘0’ is the normal speed and it also allows you to reset the speed to normal quickly. It would have been nice to have the lowest speed upto 100 atleast. It has the ability to slow down songs upto -75 which okay. But I found that the lowest speed of -75 might not be enough for some songs for some guitarists. Especially if you are a beginner and you are trying to slow down a super fast solo. The software does a good job in slowing down the songs but a bit more would have been a lot better.
- Pitch panel: The pitch panel allows you to change the pitch of the song. In the lowest pitch setting, the song will sound like a ghost and in the highest pitch setting, the song will sound like a chipmunk.
- Super vocal reducer panel: This panel allows you to reduce the vocals of the song. You can switch it on and off. When you switch this function on, the vocals of the song is reduced to some decent level. You will still hear the vocals slightly but it’s a pretty good option to have this function
- Balance panel: This panel allows you to control the balance of your speakers. You can either play the song on both left and right speakers or play it only in the left or right speaker. It’s upto you. You can play around with the balance if you want to.
Buy Riffmaster Pro 4.0 from here.
The riffmaster pro 4.0 is a software that basically is meant for slowing down the solos of a song. It does a good job at it. The only problem appears when you are trying to slow down a very very fast solo. It does it’s job and nicely at that too. But it would have been better if it could slow it down a bit more. Other than that it is a very useful tool.
You may also want to check out my review on Dr. Drum, a beat making software.